Careers at RGC
Job Opening, posted 3/19/2018
Position Description- Program Coordinator (TEMP POSITION)
Job Title: Program Coordinator (6-month temporary position) May-October 2018, possible permanent position subject to funding.
Salary: $16-20/hour, depending on qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: Average 20 hrs./week
Reports to: Executive Director
Rochester Global Connections(RGC) is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit that brings Rochester together with international students and international visitors to create friendships, promote international understanding, create collegial and business linkages, and enhance the quality of life for the local community and communities around the world.
RGC provides professional, educational, and cultural exchange programs to international visitors sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, other federal agencies, private organizations, and foreign governments. The focus of this position is to plan, organize, and administer the programs for international visitors who are sponsored by these federal programs.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE POSITION:
The position requires the ability to work independently under the general direction of the Executive Director. The position requires strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, detail-oriented skills, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, strategic and analytical skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, and the ability to get timely, effective results. As a community representative of RGC, the position requires a professional, diplomatic, yet proactive manner and an understanding of protocol. The Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Proficient in Microsoft Office
● Strong organization and communication skills
● Strong attention to detail
● Volunteer management experience
● Team player
● Cross-cultural sensitivity
● Broad understanding of international and local topics and issues in fields such as government, politics, economics, business, the social sciences, arts, humanities, education, and STEM
Duties will vary, based on visitor flow. The Program Coordinator must be able to work independently with minimum supervision while meeting set timelines and priorities.
1. Research resources and develop proposals, maintain contact with Washington-based partners for specific details of program objectives, and actively maintain a current database of professional resources.
2. Complete itineraries for visitors, arrange professional meetings, cultural excursions, and home hospitality.
3. Recruit and manage volunteers including drivers, home hospitality hosts, and cultural hosts; organize volunteer orientation on an as-needed basis.
4. Make all hotel and transportation reservations in accordance with RGC’s procurement policy; track hotel and transportation commissions.
5. Develop and maintain good relations with national partners; communicate on a regular basis with them to inform and advise them of new reasons for them to focus on Rochester as an official international visitor destination.
6. Supervise maintenance of visitor records to ensure correct statistical accounting to comply with grant requirements.
7. Develop and cultivate new and existing community resources by accompanying visitors to meetings, meeting one-on-one with resources and attending and participating in RGC community events.
8. Collect and document professional and cultural activities with photos and testimonials for social media and impact reports; follow-up with professional resources, volunteers, and visitors to collect data for impact reports.
9. Support Executive Director when appropriate and as needed to accomplish projects in addition to those pertaining directly to the programming of visitors, such as special projects, special events, large mailings, and preparation of newsletter articles.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Instructions on how to apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to Cecelia Hencke at Execdir@rocglobal.org by March 30, 2018
Rochester Global Connections is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.